PARA SA ORDINARYONG MAMAMAYAN!

Mga Miyembro ng NPA, tuloy-tuloy ang pagbalik-loob sa gobyerno — AFP chief


Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) chief-of-staff, Gen. Carlito Galvez, Jr. lauded the Eastern Mindanao Command (EMC) and local government units for the ongoing surrenders of New People's Army (NPA) members and supporters in their respective areas.

“I commend our troops in the Eastern Mindanao Command and local government units for being able to handle an overwhelming number of surrenderers, they still continue to come down and go back to the folds of the law,” Galvez said in a statement over the weekend.

From Jan. 1 to Oct. 10 this year, the number of surrenderers at the EMC alone is placed at 8,665.


These individuals are now undergoing the process for their eligibility to avail of the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-CLIP) benefits from the government, AFP public affairs office chief Col. Noel Detoyato said.


EMC units have so far seized 821 firearms 324 improvised explosive devices from surrenderers and encounters. Some 131 rebel camps were also overrun and cleared of war materiel and explosives.

Meanwhile, the Northern Luzon Command has also recorded 180 NPA surrenders in the same period. Also arrested were 19 rebels, while 109 firearms and 44 explosives were seized and 29 rebel camps overrun.


“The Northern Luzon Command also showed significant accomplishments against communist terrorists amidst the humanitarian assistance and disaster response efforts in the recent calamities that hit Northern Luzon,” Galvez added.

He said these developments show that the military is deliberate in its operations against insurgents and terrorists in all parts of the country.

“We also urge members of these terrorist groups to go back to the folds of the law instead of dying in senseless battles. The government is very eager to help returnees in all the ways that it can to sustain their families and help them go back to the normal way of living, away from armed struggle,” Galvez added.

EASTMINCOM NPA SURRENDERERS GET CASH AID

More New People’s Army (NPA) member, who have abandoned the communist armed struggle, can now start a better life after they were awarded government’s assistance under the Enhanced-Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-CLIP).


The Eastern Mindanao Command (Eastmincom) reported that 270 former rebels were awarded E-CLIP assistance after they were recommended by the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) to Task Force Balik Loob.

Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, spokesperson of the Eastmincom based in Camp Panacan, this city, on Sunday said the awardees will be given free skills training through the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority and the Department of Labor and Employment livelihood program, health insurance, housing, legal assistance and other social intervention from the Department of Social Welfare and Development and the Office of the Presidential Peace Adviser on the Peace Process.


Balagtey said other benefits will be given after completion of the assessments on needs assistance by the Task Force Balik Loob, headed by Department of National Defense Undersecretary Reynaldo Mapagu.


The DILG, in partnership with Compostela Valley provincial government, has also released some PHP4.16 million for livelihood assistance to 64 former rebels. Each of them received PHP65,000.

The Provincial Information Office of Compostela Valley (ComVal) reported that DILG also released PHP2.1 million for the firearms and remuneration for the former rebels.

ComVal and the Department of Trade and Industry also distributed seedlings, training and starter kits which will be provided next month.

Last September 28, ComVal also awarded E-CLIP assistance to 84 former rebels.

Balagtey said E-CLIP is implemented under the Task Force Balik Loob, which is an offshoot of the Administrative Order No. 10 signed by President Rodrigo Duterte on April 10, 2018, converging the Comprehensive Localized Integration Program of DILG and programs of interventions of different government agencies to former rebels in preparation to their integration to the mainstream society.

E-CLIP aims to achieve a permanent and peaceful closure of all conflicts with non-state groups by facilitating the surrender of rebels, enhancing LGU capabilities and compensating all turned-in firearms. (PNA)
Mga Miyembro ng NPA, tuloy-tuloy ang pagbalik-loob sa gobyerno — AFP chief Mga Miyembro ng NPA, tuloy-tuloy ang pagbalik-loob sa gobyerno — AFP chief Reviewed by Bayan Ko on Sunday, October 14, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.